Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Course
This programme trains and qualifies learners working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role to provide effective safety leadership and guidance to others at work. The qualification reflects the wide scope of people who do this work and learners can include managers, team leaders, coordinators, advisors and issuers.
Learners will be trained to apply WHS in the context of a well-developed understanding, knowledge and skill, of the work and/or workplace, assuring productivity through the implementation of effective health and safety systems.
The qualification is also suited to newcomers to the industry looking to secure a unique skill base and commence a successful career within Work Health and Safety.
At our training centre, you can gain essential skills and knowledge through a variety of courses, including Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, Certificate III in Driving Operations, and Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations, which will equip you with the expertise needed for a successful career in industries such as civil construction, drilling operations, and resources and infrastructure work.
Packaging rules for the course content involve:
5 Core Units
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
5 Elective Units
- 3 chosen from Group A | The remaining two units may be chosen from group A or B or any similar level currently endorsed qualifications
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBSTR402 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- PUACOM008 Develop and organise public safety awareness programs
- PUAWHS003 Implement and monitor organisational work, health and safety policies, procedures and programs
- RIIWHS403D Apply the mine work health and safety management plan
- TAEASS301 Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
Location: 3/94 Delta Street, Geebung, Brisbane, or training may also be conducted at client's venue upon request