Horizontal Directional Drilling Training Course
The Horizontal Directional Drilling Training Course provides operators with the skills, knowledge and attitude to conduct directional drilling operations safely and effectively. The curse is recommended for those currently working with HDD rigs in and around civil construction. Upgrade your skills with our Trenchless Technology Course focused on Horizontal Directional Drilling. Our course covers everything from planning to execution.
The Horizontal Directional Drilling Training Course provides operators the skills, knowledge to conduct directional drilling operations safely and effectively. The course is recommended for those currently working with HDD systems in and around civil construction.
- The ability to access, interpret, and apply the organization and site requirements and procedures for; work, health and safety, environmental issues, and operating drill rigs.
- A basic understanding of the types of rock and geology impacting HDD operations
- Choosing the right drill head for each type of geology
- Choosing the right back reamers based on your geology type
- Minimum radius of curvature for drill stem and for different products
- The methods for steering or tracking a drill head
- The principles of horizontal drilling
- The types of drill fluid, their uses, and how to set them up/ adjust them
- Being prepared in the event of fire, an accident, or an emergency
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIINHB323D – Conduct horizontal directional drilling
Requirement to demonstrate a level of written and spoken English to do this: Equivalent to Level 1 English communication skills
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION
The programme trainers are all experienced practical people. They speak everyday workplace language and have a wealth of real life examples to share with trainees. Trainees are encouraged to ‘have a go’ in a supportive, safe environment.
RIINHB323D Conduct horizontal directional drilling
RIICCM202E Identify, locate, and protect underground services
RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
RIIOGF302E Operate drilling fluids and mud pits
Location: 3/94 Delta Street, Geebung, Brisbane, or training may also be conducted at client's venue upon request