RII30120 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
Vertical Horizonz Australia trains students to undertake roles such as production operators, working in open-cut coal or metalliferous mines or quarries. They will learn to perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications in a varied work context, and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures. Gain hands-on experience with industry-recognized certification to boost your career. Enroll now in our Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations Course.
The Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations course is delivered practically to allow students to imitate, practice and demonstrate their knowledge and skills in their workplace. Our comprehensive vocational education programme includes hands-on training in cutting-edge fields such as Trenchless Technology, Civil Construction Plant Operation, and Surface Extraction Operations, along with certification courses like Certificate III in Driving Operations and Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations provides the skills and knowledge for participants to work in operational roles in surface mining. This nationally recognised qualification covers the competencies surface extraction machine operators and production technicians need.
Who is this course for?
This certificate course is ideal for those looking to develop their skills and knowledge to perform surface extraction operations. It is suited for entry-level employees, and administration staff seeking to transition to operations, or as an upskilling pathway for experienced workers.
To attain the Certificate III, learners will need to complete a total of 15 units of competency, including:
- Conduct surface extraction operations
- Operate fixed plant equipment
- Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- Apply risk management processes
- Implement and monitor surface extraction work plans
What to Expect
Through theory and practical learning, participants will gain the abilities needed to carry out a range of surface extraction duties. Delivery methods include:
- Face-to-face training sessions
- Practical demonstrations and hands-on activities
- Workplace-based training and assessment
- Online learning and assessment tasks
Upon completion, learners will be prepared for operational roles such as plant operator, production technician, or mining equipment operator.
To enrol in Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations, applicants must:
- Hold a valid Certificate II qualification or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete a language, literacy, and numeracy assessment
- Hold relevant licenses for equipment operation
Some mining industry experience is recommended.
Trainees are required to complete a total of 13 units of competency consisting of:
3 Core Units
- RIIENV201E Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
10 elective units of competency
Discuss your elective units with Vertical Horizonz to ensure the best fit for your work environment.
Recognition of Prior Learning/RPL
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) leverages knowledge, skills, and attitudes collected throughout your working life, transferring those experiences to align with the training course requirements. Trainees undergoing the RPL process must be capable of demonstrating competency for the qualification.
Vertical Horizonz works with you through the RPL process.
Location: 3/94 Delta Street, Geebung, Brisbane, or training may also be conducted at client's venue upon request