Queensland Health and Safety Representative Refresher Course
This training is designed to renew the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of Health and Safety Representatives having successfully completed the 5-day HSR course. Health and Safety Representatives are legally required to refresh their training within three years from their last formal training (Work Health and Safety Act Regulation 2011, s. 21 (1) (b)). The course is conducted in one day.
- One-day session.
- Proof of having completed the 5-day HSR official training within the past three years.
- Standard cost: $350.00 for complete training and evaluation.
- Group offers available for businesses.
- Potential funding opportunities. Reach out to our main office or call our team at 1800 143 113 / (07) 3633 0133.
About the Course:
- Aims to update and refresh the knowledge and expertise of Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs).
- Offered by Vertical Horizonz, endorsed by WorkSafe Queensland.
- Follows the guidelines set by the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (QLD).
- Mandatory for Queensland HSRs to undertake this refresher every three years, starting from three years post the original 5-day course (as referenced in Section 21 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (QLD)).
- Guidance by a seasoned WHS industry professional.
- Combination of hands-on and theoretical exercises.
- Course materials, including a comprehensive version of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
3/94 Delta Street, Geebung, Brisbane, or training may also be conducted at client’s venue upon request.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of WHSQ and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised
- Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease.
We also offer White Card Training, Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Course, HSR Training and more.
Location: Location: 3/94 Delta Street, Geebung, Brisbane, or training may also be conducted at client's venue upon request