4×4 Training Brisbane
Vertical Horizonz Australia’s Four-Wheel-Drive Vehicle course is designed to ensure trainees are competent and confident to operate and maintain a four-wheel-drive vehicle in a field environment. This training applies to all employees and contractors operating a light vehicle, and in which driving is a core aspect of their role.
It is mandatory that they hold a current provisional or open licence applicable to the type of light vehicle they intend to use, and is appropriate for those working in an operational role at worksites within a wide range of industries, such as mining, civil construction and drilling explorations. Our commitment to providing top-quality training extends to a range of courses that meet the needs of aspiring drivers of all levels. We offer a diverse range of training courses, including the highly sought-after Certificate III in Driving Operations, Medium Rigid Truck Training, Heavy Rigid (HR) Truck Licence Course, and 4WD Training Course. These courses are designed to equip learners with the knowledge and practical skills they need to excel in their driving careers.
This course is designed to ensure trainees are competent and confident to operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle in a field environment. Our training specialises in a wide range of industries, such as civil, mining and construction projects. It is mandatory that they hold a current provisional or open licence applicable to the type of light vehicle they intend to use.
- Performing pre-departure checks
- Selecting and programming navigation equipment
- Operating a four wheel drive vehicle on and off road
- Applying correct braking techniques according to terrain
- Engaging four wheel drive mode
- Carrying out stop stall key start recovery procedures (only applies to manual licenses)
- Selecting routes and applying techniques to minimise damage to the environment
- Identifying and using multiple types of recovery equipment
- Performing recovery of four wheel drive
- Operating a jack to support a four-wheel drive on unstable ground
Requirement to demonstrate a level of written and spoken English to do this: Equivalent to Level 1 English communication skills
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION
The programme trainers are all experienced practical people. They speak everyday workplace language and have a wealth of real life examples to share with trainees. Trainees are encouraged to ‘have a go’ in a supportive, safe environment.
RIIVEH305F – Operate and maintain a four-wheel drive vehicle
It is mandatory that trainees hold a current provisional or open license applicable to the type of light vehicle they intend to use. The training is appropriate for those working in an operational role at worksites within:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extractive industries
- Metalliferous mining
- Those who enjoy off road driving.
Four-wheel-drive course content includes:
- Engine management
- Confident and competent driving
- Observation techniques
- Traffic management
- Driving test
Location: 3/94 Delta Street, Geebung, Brisbane, or training may also be conducted at client's venue upon request